Online banking with peace of mind
Our Security Guarantee ensures that you’ll receive a full reimbursement if unauthorized activity1 takes place on your account as long as you have met your responsibilities outlined below2.
LBC Digital has strict security measures in place to provide a highly secure banking environment. This incorporates your PIN, your security questions, the use of encryption for online transactions and the automatic termination of your online banking session after a few minutes of inactivity.
Tips to maximize the security of your online banking environment
You can significantly improve the security of your online banking environment by following these important tips:
- Chose a strong password and do not share it with anyone.
- Use the most recent version of your preferred web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari). Ensure that it is equipped with a compatible encryption device.
- Install effective firewall and antivirus software on your computer and update this software on a regular basis.
- Install all available security updates for your operating system. You can configure Windows or MacOS to automatically check for these updates.
- Don’t provide personal information while using public WiFi as the connection may not be secure.
- Never respond to emails that request confidential information about yourself or about any of your LBC Digital products such as your PIN, username, account numbers, security questions and answers etc. — we will never request such information electronically without your consent or knowledge.
- Clear your web browser cache regularly.
A shared responsibility
In order to benefit from the peace of mind offered by our Security Guarantee, you must take the following security measures:
- Carefully protect the confidentiality of your username(s), password(s) and security questions and answers when you configure your profile in LBC Digital online banking.
- Contact us immediately if you suspect that anyone has discovered your password or if your account shows evidence of a loss, theft, misuse or any other suspicious transaction which you did not authorize.
- Verify all transactions on your monthly statement or in your online account activity history on a regular basis. If there is a discrepancy, please contact LBC Digital immediately at 1-866-249-1489 from Monday to Friday between 8:00am to 10:00pm and Saturday & Sunday between 9:00am to 5:00pm]. Note that after 30 days from the date of your statement, all entries will be deemed accurate as we will assume these have been verified by you.
- Cooperate fully and provide all information and take all actions that LBC Digital reasonably requests when investigating alleged unauthorized activity.
- Respect the terms and conditions of the User Agreement for LBC Digital Online Services. The terms and conditions can be found in the Account Information section in your online banking account.
- End your online banking session by systematically logging out of LBC Digital’s secure server.
- Adopt safe habits in order to make your online banking environment more secure.
- LBC Digital will not be required to reimburse you pursuant to this Security Guarantee if it has reason to believe that:
- you shared your password with any other person, or were careless in keeping your password confidential;
- you have failed to take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized activity (see tips above);
- you accessed the LBC Digital while using a computer that you had reason to believe contained corrupted software which could compromise the computer’s security; or
- you failed to contact us as soon as you became aware of the loss or compromise of your username, password or security questions or if you suspect any unauthorized activity has occurred on your LBC Digital account(s).
To report an issue with your account, or for further enquiries regarding the Security Guarantee, please call LBC Digital at 1-866-249-1489. We may amend the terms and conditions of, or revoke, this Security Guarantee at any time without prior notice. In the event of an inconsistency between an agreement in place and this Security Guarantee, this Security Guarantee shall take precedence to the extent permitted by applicable legislation.
1 Unauthorized activity means a transaction that was carried out in your bank account through online banking without your permission, authorization or knowledge and where it can be established that you are a victim of fraud, theft or coercion.
2 LBC Digital will not provide you with compensation under this Security Guarantee or otherwise be liable to you for any indirect loss or damage, including loss of income or profits, economic loss, incidental, indirect or consequential loss, resulting directly or indirectly from unauthorized activity in your account, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage.